Your Ad Here cashmails.org

Late and Soaked wet!

>> Thursday, August 20, 2009

Earlier this afternoon my band (a marching band) had a gig in one of the remote streets here in Cebu for an Opening Salvo celebration. It is a pre-celebration of a community's upcoming fiesta. And there will be a parade where our band will perform to announce to the whole community that their eight days of fiesta celebration has officially opened.

So after I prepared and gathered my stuff, I left the house at around 3:00 pm. Our assembly time was supposed to be from 3:00 pm to 3:45 pm. I was confident enough that I wouldn’t be late since our band room is only 20 minutes away from my house and the transportation going there was accessible. As I rode the public utility jeepney(PUJ), a very common means of transportation here in Cebu City, the ride was fine during the first few kilometers, but when the PUJ got near the area of Kamagayan Street, which is near the University of the Visayas, I was shocked to see the heavy flow of traffic building up in front of us. I quickly asked my seatmate what time it was. It was already 3:20 pm!!! I immediately texted my band mates to wait for me because I was stuck in traffic. After several minutes had passed, I finally arrived at my destination and I quickly headed to our band room hoping my band mates waited up for me. But to my dismay, they’ve already headed off without me so I decided to catch up on them. I rode again another PUJ and dropped off to a street that they'd surely pass. I’ve waited for them for a few minutes but I didn’t sense them coming so I asked a bystander if he noticed a marching band passed by earlier. He nodded his head and said YES! Waahhhh!!! I missed them again! Disappointed, I decided to go home. While heading back, (still in the same street where the PUJ dropped me off) I happened to meet a friend who was also in a band. I told him what I had to go through earlier and then suddenly my friend told me that my band is going to play at a nearby chapel located at the street where I was. My face cheered up and thanked my friend for the information. So there I was, waiting again for them. I got myself some snacks and sat on a gutter and had the chance to smoke while waiting for them. What happened next was the last thing I never expected. Raindrops started falling from the sky. What the hell! It’s RAINING!!! I quickly ran to a little shelter while swearing to the rain. Albeit the pouring rain, I patiently waited for them. And suddenly, I sensed them coming. From a distance, I immediately saw my band approaching while still in their parade formation. It was still raining and all of them were soaked with rainwater. They seemed happy about it and didn't care much about getting soaked in the rain. At last! They finally arrived and I quickly approached our band leader and explained why I was late. Our leader considered my excuse and then asked me if I would like to join them in their “wet party”..LoL. And when I was about to refuse his offer, my band mate saw a basin (with rain water) and quickly picked it up and splashed it all over me! That time I was also soaking wet. Left with no choice, I joined them. At that time we were like kids playing in the rain. But we still managed to carry on with the traditional fiesta procession even though the rain was still pouring. After that, we grabbed food for dinner then headed back to our band room to feast on the food.

Still, my day ended well. I enjoyed a good laugh with my band mates. That’s what matters most…

P.S. Now suffering from colds while posting this..LoL….peace out.

Blog Search

Spread Firefox Affiliate Button

  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP